When you’re thinking of selling your home, it’s important to understand the type of real estate market we’re in. In addition to the activity in the market, it’s crucial that you understand why you are selling. The answer to this ‘why’ question will impact many factors in your selling strategy including your asking price, the time and money you put into preparing your home for the market, how your home is marketed, as well as your negotiation strategy.
Defining why you are selling your home will help you clarify your goals as a seller.
Here are some questions to ask yourself to understand ‘why’:
- Is your decision to sell your home based on your “want” to sell it, or the “need” to sell it?
- Do you have immediate plans to buy another home? This could be the case if you’re downsizing or moving up.
- Do you know if the current market is good for sellers? If you need more information before answering this question, talk to one of our experienced REALTORS®, or download the latest market reports.
- What are your priorities? When you think about selling your home are you more focused on the money you can get for it, or the length of time it will take to sell?
- Have you thought about potential terms and conditions of the sale? Which are your “must-haves” versus “like-to-have”?
Once you truly understand why you are selling, it’s important to share that information with your REALTOR®. Your selling motivation is valuable information that can be used to create your selling strategy.
Helpful Resources for Sellers:
Georgian Triangle Monthly reports provide detailed information about the region’s real estate market, all designed to help you make the best decisions possible. These reports cover the six communities of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach, Meaford, Grey Highlands and Clearview as a whole.
These quarterly reports provide in-depth, real estate information about the following Georgian Triangle communities: Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach, Meaford, Grey Highlands, Clearview and West Tiny Township.
Equip yourself with the knowledge you need to make an educated decision about listing your home. Get a customized home value report with an estimated value of your home as well as recent comparables and next steps.
Contact a Fully-licensed REALTOR® today!
Looking for an experienced REALTOR® that specializes in real estate across Southern Georgian Bay? At Locations North we are focused on helping you unlock your future.