Reasons to Buy a Home in Southern Georgian Bay
Whether you are looking to get out of the big city, live a more active lifestyle, raise a family, or downsize your current home, there are a million good reasons to buy a home in Southern Georgian Bay.
Living in Collingwood, Thornbury, Wasaga Beach, Meaford, or the Blue Mountains has so many benefits. At Locations North, we often get asked about the best features in the region — although it’s hard to pare down our list, here are a few of our top reasons to unlock your future in Southern Georgian Bay:
1. The Great Outdoors
If you enjoy an active lifestyle and love to ski, sail, swim, hike, or golf, then this is the best region in Ontario to live:
- The Niagara Escarpment offers some of the best skiing in the province, including amazing downhill ski resorts with exciting events and activities for the whole family.
- Georgian Bay is one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the province and features the longest freshwater beach in the world, Wasaga Beach!
- The escarpment and South Georgian Bay area offer a wide variety of trails that wind through breathtaking landscapes and views.
- We’ve got incredible golf courses — including a gold medal resort featured in Canada’s Golf Ranking Magazine.
2. Small Town Feel with Big City Amenities
If you want to get out of the city, but you don’t want to give up on the quality and range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment, then we’re the region for you:
- Collingwood has a thriving downtown filled with an assortment of unique shops, restaurants, bars, and professional business services.
- Thornbury is a charming village with galleries, boutiques, and delicious places to dine.
- Wasaga Beach prides itself on its multitude of attractions, from the beach to festivals, to thrill-seeking activities.
- Meaford is known for its bountiful orchards, festivals, and local markets with something for everyone.
- Creemore is a quaint town featuring antique shops, boutiques, and the well-known Creemore Brewery.
3. Caring Community
Living in our region means that you are part of a caring community. It’s a place where you know your neighbours, you have an engaged business district, and you have individual towns and villages filled with diversity and beauty.
Whether you decide to make our region your permanent home or your seasonal destination, Southern Georgian Bay is a special part of the province to call yours.
There are countless more reasons to choose to buy a home in Southern Georgian Bay.