At Locations North, we understand that you want to work with the best. You want a real estate agent who understands you, takes the time to help you, and will help you find the home of your dreams.
It is important to make sure that you are supported in your home buying and home selling journey by the right real estate agent. To help you find the right agent, our expert team put together three key considerations to help you decide who to work with:
How To Find A Good Real Estate Agent
1. Work with a REALTOR® who knows the region and the neighbourhoods.
You want to be sure that your agent knows the area. You want your REALTOR® to know:
- Which neighbourhoods are desirable
- Where the schools are located
- Where the shopping districts are
- Where to access local transportation
- How long it takes to get from one area to your place of work or amenities
- What market trends are happening in the area
If you are able to work with an agent who has been in the area for many years, you may also benefit from their additional knowledge about the changes in the neighbourhood.
2. Work with a full-time REALTOR®.
Only a full-time real estate agent will have the time to stay on top of changes in the market, know the real estate regulations, and figure out how to help you find the right home. You want your REALTOR® to know:
- The latest changes and trends in the real estate market
- How to find you the best properties for your lifestyle
- All of the steps involved in purchasing or selling a home
- How to negotiate to get you the best deal
- The best people to help you with the legal paperwork and financing
3. Work with a REALTOR® who is fully licensed and accredited.
You want to make sure that your agent has the appropriate licensing and is up-to-date with the required courses, so they are able to legally buy and sell a home in Ontario. You want your REALTOR® to have:
- Successfully completed the Ontario Real Estate Association’s Salesperson Registration Education Program
- An up-to-date Real Estate Council of Ontario E & O License
- An up-to-date Ontario Real Estate Association/Canadian Real Estate Association membership
In addition to these memberships and licenses, you will want to ask them whether they have been staying abreast of changes in the real estate market by taking continuing education courses.
There are many other considerations to take into account when selecting a REALTOR®, but these top three criteria will help point you in the right direction.
Contact one of our Fully-licensed REALTORS® today!
Looking for an experienced REALTOR® that specializes in real estate across Southern Georgian Bay? At Royal LePage Locations North we are focused on helping you unlock your future.