If you’re thinking of selling your home, then you are probably considering all the ways you could fix up and update your property before it goes on the real estate market. At Locations North, we know that you want your home to look its best, but it can be tricky to know where to start.
Often, homeowners decide to spend a lot of time and money on the wrong kinds of fixes and updates. To save you from spending your hard-earned money on work that won’t result in increased property value, our experts have put together a list to help:
Top 3 Improvements To Make Before Selling Your Home
1. Refresh your bathroom
- Choosing to update your sink, vanity, tub, shower, fixtures, and flooring will give you one of your best returns on investment. Installing a low-flow toilet, chrome fixtures, new tiling, and finishing the room with a fresh coat of paint is definitely number one on our experts’ list.
- Once the main pieces are installed, don’t forget to complete the room with a new mirror, towel hooks, and decorative pieces like candles and flowers. A staged bathroom makes a big difference in the eyes of the prospective home buyer.
2. Spruce up your landscaping
- Fixing up and tidying your landscaping is about more than just weeding. You want to ensure that your grass is green and healthy, your pathways are nicely edged, and your perennials are neat and pruned.
- Consider adding fresh, coloured mulch to your garden beds to give them a professionally-finished look.
- If you have fencing, make sure the stain or paint is fresh and clean.
- If you have a walkway, ensure that it is level, clean, and swept.
- Adding a new shrub, flowering plant, or even a tree may be the finishing touch that your property needs.
3. Update your kitchen
- Updating your cabinetry, hardware, sink, countertop, stove, cooktop, and flooring can make a huge difference in the eyes of a potential home buyer. The kitchen is where you spend a great deal of time every day. Updated appliances and a functional working area will be key to attracting prospective home buyers.
- If your budget doesn’t allow for a complete update, consider a few elements like the stove and countertop.
- Don’t forget to add a fresh coat of paint to the kitchen to help brighten the space and make it look clean.
Contact one of our Fully-licensed REALTORS® today!
Looking for an experienced REALTOR® that specializes in real estate across Southern Georgian Bay? At Royal LePage Locations North we are focused on helping you unlock your future.