Maximize Your Opportunities: Keep Your Home Available And READY
Having invested money, time and work in necessary improvements, you’ll want it to take full advantage of it when you invite buyers and REALTORS in for open houses and showings. That’s why staging your home so it looks its best can give you the competitive advantage that could get it sold.
Keep in mind that all Locations North agents are schooled in home staging. So you’ll be able to make the most of their skills and impartiality to create that “buying feeling”.
Time-Proven Tips For Showcasing Your Home
Here are a few ideas that will help you maximize your home’s attractiveness to buyers:
- Be absent so buyers feel comfortable commenting.
- Open all drapes and shades during daylight hours to let in as much light as possible, but screen out unappealing views.
- Light the whole house, especially dark corners and hallways.
- Light (or turn on) the fireplace.
- Showcase your home’s best features.
- Turn off the television. Play quiet background music.
- If you’ve repainted in neutral tones, add bold splashes of color (with throw pillows, crockery, pictures, etc.)
- Place fresh flowers where they’ll stand out.
- Open all doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling.
- If possible, open windows beforehand to circulate fresh air.
- Pick up toys, remove all clutter, ensure beds are made, clothes put away.
- Floors should be clean, carpets and rugs vacuumed.
- Trash and recycling bins should be tidy and odor-free.
- The kitchen & bathrooms should sparkle.
- If possible, bake cookies or put a pan of cinnamon in the oven to create a warm and inviting aroma.
- Ideally, pets should be unseen (or kept outside). Pet areas should be clean and odor-free. Not everyone may share your love of animals, and some may be allergic to them.
- Be sure to lock away and hide all cash, jewelry and small valuables.
Make The Most Of Each Open House And Showing During The ‘Golden Window’
During the first weeks after you list, REALTORS® will want to show it to their buyer clients. That’s why it’s crucial during this “golden window of opportunity” — when buyer interest and activity are highest — that you make your home available for showings. Occasionally, this may pose an inconvenience, but it’s important to maximize the number of motivated buyers who see your home. For this reason, you should ensure that your home is ALWAYS ready to be shown. You never know when the right person is going to look at it!