The reasons you are selling will affect every aspect of The Selling Process
Regardless of the real estate market, it‘s important to clearly understand why you’re selling because it will affect everything from your asking price, to how much time and money you invest in preparing the home, to how the home is marketed, to how you approach the negotiations. Download our in-depth Georgian Triangle Home Selling Guide.
Clearly defining your reasons will help you set your goals, research your options and make your plans. Key questions whose answers will shape your entire strategy include:
- Are you selling because you want to sell or have to sell?
- Are you buying another home? If so, will you be “moving up” or moving into a smaller home?
- What is the market doing in your area. Is it the time to sell?
- What is more important to you: the money you walk away with, or the length of time your property is on the market?
- What are your baseline sale price requirements?
- What are your “must-have” and “like-to-have” conditions and terms?
- Are you in a position of offer a buyer some form of financing?
You may want to answer these questions on your own, but you may also benefit by consulting with an experienced REALTOR® right from the start. That said, once the sales process begins you should not share your motivations for selling your home with anyone other than your REALTOR® or the trusted financial professionals you work with.
If you’d like to leverage the experience and expertise of one of our knowledgeable real estate agents at Locations North, we would be happy to help.